Some basic rules:
1. All of the entries in this community are Members Only! So if you’re not a member, you won’t be able to either participate, nor vote.
2. Be nice to the other members; that means no fighting, no insults and no bitching around. We’re here to have fun after all.
3. No stealing of icons! After the challenge is over, the makers will be revealed and if you snag something, you will have to credit the maker.
Rules regarding the choice of the subject for the challenge:
1. When a challenge is announced you choose the subject for your icon. Sometimes it will be specified that the subject has to be an actor/actress or a TV show or a movie. Everything will be announced in the rules of the challenge.
2. You will be given the theme of the challenge but the interpretation is in your hands. The theme can be anything, for example - black and white, negative space, song lyrics etc.
3. You can't use the same subject twice in a row. For example, one week you decide you'll be iconing Megan Fox, the next week you have to choose another actress (or actor). And then you can go with Miss Fox again. The idea is to have a variety of celebrities, shows and movies included in the challenges.
Rules regarding the icon challenge itself:
1. Every week there will be a new challenge.
2. You may enter with up to 3 icons. Please do not post them anywhere else until the challenge is over.
3. Do not ask people to vote for your icons. You may invite your friends. New members are always welcome and wanted but don’t tell them which your icons are.
4. Animated icons aren’t allowed except when it’s specified in the challenge that they are.
5. Icons must fit LJ's standards. Which means 100x100px, 40kb.
6. You must submit your icons with both images and urls. Like this
7. New challenges are announced at 9 p.m. EET on Sunday and you can enter it until Friday morning at 9 EET.
8. 9 a.m. EET on Friday is the time when the voting starts. You vote for your 3 favorite icons, giving the first one 3 points, the second – 2 and the third – 1. Voting closes 8 p.m. on Sunday right before the new challenge is announced and the winners will be known just an hour later.
9. In every challenge there will be two special categories like best crop or most original. They will be announced when the voting starts. You can vote for only one icon in those!
10. There may or may not be a mod’s choice award, too.